Your 7-Day Itinerary To Explore Cala Tacón, Menorca
Is Spain on your bucket list? Then ditch the expected tourists spots and visit Cala Tacón. Nestled along the stunning coastline of Menorca, Cala Tacón stands as a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. With its crystal-clear turquoise waters, soft golden sands, and rugged cliffs, this secluded cove offers a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. For 7 days, embark on a journey to explore the natural wonders, rich history, and authentic charm that Cala Tacón and the island of Menorca have to offer. Let us guide you through a carefully curated itinerary, where you can immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of this serene paradise.
Day 1: Arrival and Beach Bliss
- Morning: Arrive at Cala Tacón and take a moment to soak in the serenity of this hidden cove. Marvel at the crystal-clear waters and soft, golden sands that await you.
- Afternoon: Settle in and relax on the beach, basking in the warm Mediterranean sun. Take refreshing dips in the tranquil waters or explore the underwater world through snorkeling.
- Evening: Enjoy a delightful dinner at Restaurante Can Piteu, located nearby, and savor authentic Menorcan dishes, including delicious seafood specialties.
Day 2: Kayaking and Coastal Exploration
- Morning: Embark on a kayaking adventure from Cala Tacón to explore the picturesque coastline. Paddle along the turquoise waters, passing hidden coves and magnificent cliffs.
- Afternoon: Discover the nearby Cala Macarella and Cala Macarelleta, two stunning beaches known for their pristine beauty. Spend the afternoon sunbathing, swimming, or simply marveling at the idyllic surroundings.
- Evening: Tantalize your taste buds with a dinner at Restaurante Sa Llagosta, located in Ciutadella. Indulge in traditional Menorcan cuisine, including the famous lobster stew.
Day 3: Ciutadella’s Historical Charms
- Morning: Visit the enchanting city of Ciutadella, Menorca’s former capital. Explore its historic center, wander through narrow streets lined with charming buildings, and visit the impressive Cathedral of Ciutadella.
- Afternoon: Discover the picturesque harbor and enjoy a leisurely stroll along the promenade. Explore the local shops for handicrafts, souvenirs, and Menorcan specialties.
- Evening: Dine at Restaurante Smoix, located in Ciutadella’s historic quarter. Savor traditional dishes with a modern twist, all made with locally sourced ingredients.
Day 4: Camí de Cavalls and Coastal Hiking
- Morning: Embark on a scenic hike along the Camí de Cavalls, a historic trail that wraps around the entire coastline of Menorca. Choose a section near Cala Tacón and immerse yourself in the island’s stunning landscapes.
- Afternoon: Explore the unspoiled beauty of Cala Escorxada, a pristine beach accessible only by foot or boat. Enjoy its quietude and untouched surroundings.
- Evening: Dine at Restaurante Es Tast de na Silvia, located in the countryside. Savor the flavors of traditional Menorcan cuisine, prepared with love and care.
Day 5: Mahón and Cultural Heritage
- Morning: Take a day trip to Mahón, Menorca’s capital city. Explore the historic center, visit the magnificent Santa María Church, and stroll along the impressive harbor.
- Afternoon: Discover the fascinating heritage and history of gin production in Mahón. Visit the Xoriguer Gin Distillery and learn about the traditional distillation methods.
- Evening: Enjoy a dinner at Restaurante Sa Vida, located in Mahón’s charming old quarter. Savor Mediterranean dishes with a Menorcan touch, complemented by stunning harbor views.
Day 6: S’Albufera des Grau Nature Reserve
- Morning: Venture to the S’Albufera des Grau Nature Reserve, a paradise for bird watchers and nature enthusiasts. Explore the trails, observe the diverse bird species, and take in the serene beauty of the wetlands.
- Afternoon: Visit the picturesque fishing village of Fornells, known for its quaint charm and delicious seafood. Enjoy a leisurely lunch by the sea, tasting authentic Menorcan lobster stew or grilled fish.
- Evening: Dine at Restaurante Es Cranc, a renowned seafood restaurant in Fornells, and savor delectable dishes made with fresh catches of the day.
Day 7: Farewell and Island Memories
- Morning: Return to Cala Tacón and spend your last morning on the beach, relishing the tranquility and beauty that surrounds you.
- Afternoon: Reflect on your journey with a leisurely hike along a coastal path or find a cozy spot to enjoy a picnic amidst nature’s embrace.
- Evening: Conclude your adventure with a farewell dinner at Restaurante Ses Forquilles, located in the countryside. Savor Menorcan culinary delights and toast to the unforgettable memories you’ve made.
Note: The evening restaurant recommendations are based on top Google ratings and may require prior reservations.
As you bid farewell to the enchanting waters of Cala Tacón and the natural wonders of Menorca, take with you the memories of its unspoiled beauty, rich history, and delicious cuisine. May this itinerary inspire you to explore more hidden coastal treasures, embrace island life, and create memories to last a lifetime.
Love content like this?
Find your next exciting adventure HERE.